Frugal fun day is the first Saturday in October, so it’s the perfect time to share some frugal fun ideas that would be perfect for family Fall fun! Don’t forget to grab the free printable at the end of the post so you can keep this list handy.
30 Ideas To Celebrate Frugal Fun Day All Month Long!
This year, maybe more than most, we are all trying to soak in every last minute we can enjoying the nice weather outside (especially here in the Northeast!). These ideas, inspired by frugal fun day, incorporate the most outdoor fun as possible- let’s get started!
1.Take a fall foliage drive bring a camera and have a family photo challenge
2. Collect leaves and make leaf people like these from hands on as we grow.
3. Grab a printable of your local trees or a guide book and identify the different types of trees near you making note of how each tree changes different colors.
4. Go camping. Take advantage of the last warm Fall days.
5. Go apple picking
6. Visit a pumpkin patch
7. Forage for herbs or wild berries. Bring a guide book or download an app like Picture this to help you identify these plants and wild foods in your area
8. Take a road trip
9. Plant bulbs in your yard or garden that will sprout next Spring
10. Start a gratitude journal. You can use any notebook you have, or grab one of these for the younger kids that encourages them with prompts to draw and write about things they are grateful for.
11. Collect pinecones. Decorate them with glitter pens, add them to a nature table, string them into a garland, or simply display them in a bowl.
12. Have a bonfire. Whip out the blankets, s’mores fixing and the hot chocolate or cider and enjoy an afternoon and evening by the fire
13. Go on a hay ride
14. Go on a picnic. Grab some sandwiches or make your own, pack some cheese, meats, and fruits
15. Make a Fall family bucket list.
16. Have a family movie night- or nights! Choose some Fall classics to watch one night every week- don’t forget the popcorn. On nice nights, you can take movie night outside, or even combine it with a bonfire for an epic Fall family experience. This little projector is budget-friendly, connects to your iPhone with an adapter, and you can use any white wall or sheet to cast the film.
17. Start a family photo album. Sure we have a billion pictures on our phones, but there’s something nostalgic about printing out favorite moments and organizing them into an album.
18. Make listicles of your favorite things
19. Bake Fall treats like apple pie, pumpkin bread, or homemade applesauce
20. Make homemade apple cider
21. Go on a scavenger hunt.
22. Decorate pumpkins- go beyond the jack-o-lantern! Get out the paints, glitter (outside it’s not quite as scary!), Fabric, glue, mix it up!
23. Work on an autumn wreath for your front (and/or back) door. Bonus points if you use found items from nature.
24. Learn a new skill or hobby or craft that you can get into during the colder months.
25. Decorate your front porch for Fall
26. Have theme nights for dinner that incorporate Fall foods
27. Make your own candles infused with the best smells of the season and enjoy burning them through Fall and winter
28.Do a family photo shoot
29. Do a murder mystery challenge. Companies like this will send you everything you need to create a fun night of mystery solving fun.
30. Read books together. Read aloud of Fall favorites for the younger set, and a book club if you have older kids so you can all share the same title is a great way to spend family time.
Grab your free printable list & never be stuck thinking of what to do with the fam again!
Stick this list of frugal fun ideas on your fridge, and you’ll be ready for spontaneous (or planned) family fun all the time.