I have never really fancied myself a person who really gets bored. Maybe a day in each season, when it has droned on for too long and I am ready for it to switch over I would say I get truly bored. But now. Now. Boredom has become more of a frequent visitor. When all creativity is sapped but I really feel like I need to do something other than watch one. more. show- I’m loving these small organizing mini projects.
20 mini organizing projects you can do when you are bored
- 1.Organize your junk drawer
- Clear your kitchen counters. Put away anything you don’t use every day
- Clean out your refrigerator and your freezer
- Sort through, declutter, and organize your shoes
- Sort through your kids drawers and pull out clothes that they made have outgrown mid-season
- Go through your collection of mugs and glasses
- Make an organizing calendar for projects you want to do in the future
- Declutter the toiletries in your bathroom. Get rid of anything that is less than half empty and you haven’t used in a while. Discard anything expired.
- Go through your mail
- Sort everyone’s sock drawer. Get rid of any unmatched pairs. The sock fairy is never returning those missing socks.
- Organize your daily routine
- Organizing and prioritize your to-do list. Is there anything you can delegate?
- Put a basket in each room where you can place items that need to be rehired during your daily pick-up
- Clear out your dry and canned goods
- Do a timed declutter of your closet. Set the timer for 15 minutes and get rid of items that you haven’t worn in more than 6 months
- Clear the downloads on your computer
- Organize and tag your downloads into folders
- Sort, clear, and organize the photos on your phone
- Organize your entryway. Create or declutter a space for everyday items, mail, shoes, and seasonal gear
- Sort through your linen closet
Tips for every organizing project
To really get the most bang for your buck, every organizing project has to start with completely emptying out the space, drawer, closet you are organizing. This allows you to get rid of things you don’t need anymore and it also lets you see the space in a different way.
Once you get rid of what you don’t want or need anymore, categorize all the things you have left.
Now, choose containers or layouts for how you will store the items in your space. You don’t necessarily need to go out and drop a bunch of money on containers. The dollar store has great options for organizing. Check around your house for containers, boxes, and trays that you can repurpose.
Don’t forget to pin this post for later as a reference when you need a quick organizing project.
If you are looking to take on a bigger project, check out our toy organization post. You can find our favorite items for organizing kids’ stuff here. For more organizing Inso visit our Pinterest organizing project board right here.